You’re in the right place if you want to avoid the orange, and who doesn’t. Let’s begin by explaining how skin can turn orange. Over-application (that can be too much in one application and/or applying too frequently), using ‘budget brands’ that use lower-quality ingredients, and applying when your skin is noticeably dry. Follow these tips to lessen the dreaded orange:
- Mystic Tan products are designed to counter the unwanted orange undertone with an anti-orange complex that uniquely blends the perfect dose of professional-grade ingredients that play nicely with your skin.
- For the best results, exfoliate before applying a fresh tan, so you remove any dry skin and your last application. This will help to ensure an even application, and result in a perfect tan.
Not all skin chemistry is the same, but 89% of our panelist surveyed said ‘little or no odour’. Why? Mystic Tan is formulated with breakthrough odour control technology, D-Odor200™, designed to virtually eliminate the self-tanning odour.
- Yes, you can use Mystic Tan products on your face. Both self-tan and in-salon products are non-comedogenic, meaning they won’t clog your pores.
- If you do have a history of sensitive skin, we recommend talking with your doctor before using any products on your skin.
A self-tanner or in-salon tan can last up to a week. If you routinely workout or swim, it can fade a little sooner. To avoid a quick fade and to help the tan last longer, it’s important to moisturize daily and/or use a gradual tanner.
Mystic Tan products are gluten free, paraben free, cruelty free and non-comedogenic (meaning it won’t clog pores).
- Follow these easy tips and you’ll be stain-free. First, you can use the Mystic Tan applicator mitt (or extra soft cloth) to apply all self-tanning products. If using your bare hand, simply wash hands directly after application and you should be stain-free.
- Yes, just follow these simple steps for both self-tanning, and in-salon tans
- If you’re going to shave, do so at least 12 hours before you tan
- If you wax, do so before you tan, otherwise the wax could remove the layers of skin that are tan
- Exfoliate and rub-off excess, dead skin-cells for an even tan
- Avoid lotion right before you tan, since lotions can act as a barrier on the skin and cause an uneven result. Tip: Instead of using a lotion or moisturizer the day of tanning, try Mystic Tan Booster, which will moisturize and balance your skin’s pH for a deeper, even tan that will deliver quicker results.
- For self-tanners apply with the Mystic Tan applicator mitt for an easy, streak-free application
- Don’t forget behind the thighs!
- When tanning in a professional salon using an automated spray tan system, add the Accelerator Myxer to balance your skin’s pH for a deeper, even tan that will develop faster.
- Don’t forget, after the tanning application, avoid getting wet, like working out or showering for about 4-6 hours to allow the tan time to develop.
The funky fade is caused by Mother Nature. Your body naturally sheds the epidermis of the skin (top layer) every week. When shedding happens, the skin in the layers below are not tan and the tan looks uneven. To avoid this, simply exfoliate your skin in the spots that are fading. Do this every couple of days to make your tan fade naturally.
The bronzer is water soluble and will be removed after the next wash in cold water. To avoid the risk altogether, do not wear tight fitting or light colored clothing right after applying your tan.
- No, your body art is ok when using Mystic Tan Products.